Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blogging

         I’m not much of a writer and always have great difficulties expressing my feelings or point of view on paper. Sometimes when I’m interested in a particular subject I can talk about it for hours, but put a pen in my hand and I can hardly manage to put together two or three lines on the page.
         One of the hardest tasks that I remember from my youth was writing letters. Since that was the Dark Age pre cell phone and Internet and I didn’t always have an access to a phone, I was supposed to write letters. Believe it or not at that time I considered three days of hard manual labor a piece of cake compared with writing a couple of pages to my parents.



/ Bits and pieces from my artworks /



         I’ve loved the idea of blogging fascinated me from the first time I’ve read one, but it took me quite a long time to get over my fear of writing. So, in the end I decided to meet the scary task half way. I’ll write some of the posts to present certain subjects and share my own thoughts, but on other occasions I’ll just reprint articles and excerpts from other publications that already studied the same subject /God help me to escape an arrest for that/. I’m also hoping to find other contributors who will be interested to write something on their area of expertise.
          I’ll be honest. I started my blog because I needed to connect with people who are on the same page as me. I had nobody to talk about the things that bring so much joy to my life, the things I like to create, the ideas I feel so passionate about. I need to share all of them with someone who feels the same. I love talking to just about anyone, anytime… especially about their artwork and from where they find inspiration. It was something that I had to begin for myself. Even though my friends and family had always been very supportive and encouraging, they are just not on the same page.
         For years I’ve been trying to find some sort of a forum with lots of visual presentation of arts and crafts, which isn’t reserved mainly for professional publications. I’ve wanted this forum to appeal not only to professionals and seasoned crafts people, but also to the next generation wanting to learn more and be part of this scene, part of the creative process, part of preserving our heritage and traditions.
         Finally I found out that a blog can be the perfect forum for the moment. A contemporary form of mass communication that provides the perfect opportunity to both reach a broader audience and provide me with an easy tool for sharing my ideas.
         I’ll begin my journey of putting my ramblings about my life, art and my passion for everything fiber and textile in this journal with one of my favorite quotes:

         “You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, whit great vision, whit a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.”                                                --Woodrow Wilson                                    


/ Bits and pieces from some crafts and millinery /




1 comment:

You-Ta said...

This looks great! Looking forward to reading more on your blog.